Released: in 1992
The Freedom was the NEW BOAT PROJECT at GILFLITE in 1991
and the memo handed out to the Gilflite Team read as follows;
MEMO: To Design Team – wed sept. 5th ‘90 SUBJECT: New Boat Project ‘91
- Product Performance & Quality is EVERYTHING!!
- People must LOVE using this boat
- This project is to be approached not as a problem to be solved but as a challenge to be met!
- We must design & produce the best boat of its type for both Australian & Export markets
- Styling: To be Quantum Leap Forward!! Clean – New – Fresh – Exciting – Original – Modern – with no unnecessary lines or shapes inside or outside
- Top Priorities: Armour plate Glass Windscreen – Modular Build Capabilities – Fixed Deck / Bowrider / Sterndrive / Outboard!
- Interior: Comfortable / Durable / Inviting (and I can’t make out the handwriting on this part of the original memo) but the rest of it reads something like this….
- Smooth ride – Handles well in choppy waters – Excellent Tournament & Std Ski wake suitable for Slalom, Trick, Jump, Barefoot, Kneeboarders and fun for beginners.
- Drivers Seat: Fully adjustable for Height & Leg variables.
- Design to give maximum consideration to visibility.
- Length: 6.0m (19’8”)
- Beam: 2.23m (7’4”)
- Finish: – All exterior surfaces – Abrasion resistant N.P.G. isothalic / orthothalic gelcoat.
- Construction: Multi Layer Chopped Strand Mat over sealed timber sub floor assembly – Coremat stiffening with additional hand laid rovings in all high load & impact areas.
- Variations: Fixed Deck – Bow Rider – Fishing Utility – Pleasure
- Power: Outboard to 225 hp – Sterndrive to 280 hp
- To suit single axle trailer
The Freedom is no longer in production